Endovenous Laser Therapy Treatment for Varicose Veins
Endovenous laser therapy is a non-surgical method of treating varicose veins. In the procedure, your vascular specialist numbs the affected area with a local anesthetic and then makes a small incision into the varicose vein. The specialist then inserts a very thin laser fiber into the vein. The laser focuses heat energy on the vein that treats the source of the problem and causes the vein to shrink and disappear.
Most patients do not feel much pain during the procedure. After the procedure, you can experience:
- Tightness in the treated leg
All of these side effects should disappear within about a month.
Benefits of Endovenous Laser Therapy
Patients prefer endovenous laser therapy because it offers many benefits including:
- Fast procedure – It takes less than an hour
- Fast recovery – You can walk immediately after treatment
- Easy – It’s an out-patient procedure done in our office
- Effective – Most patients report great cosmetic results
- Covered by insurance
Like any medical procedure, endovenous laser therapy can pose some risks, and your vascular specialist will discuss what risks may apply to you.